16.4.10

Subway's new breakfast

On our early morning drive to New Orleans (more posts from the food
capital will be coming this weekend), we stopped to try the new Subway
breakfast sandwiches.
I had the Western and cheese on an English muffin. I had pepper jack
cheese and opted for the egg white omelet. It was pretty good. Beware,
those fresh jalepenos are kinda potent. For $2, I was satisfied and I
felt like I definitely got a healthy alternative to fast food.
My lil sis had the double bacon with cheese on flatbread. She liked it
but she really likes bacon.
I say, go to Subway and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. The sandwich that you had sounds amazing! I might try to make that for breakfast myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent that post in a hurry. I had a discussion about the sandwiches today and while I think it's a great "fast-food" alternative in the mornings, I feel like it was a bit dry or missing something. But, I have no idea what kind of sauce or moisture could be added. Maybe I should have added tomatoes?
    It's definitely worth trying, at your house or at Subway! Mine had black forest ham and bell peppers with the egg and cheese and HOT jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete